A GUIDE TO PUBLISHING IN THE PUBLIC FINANCE QUARTELY
The manuscripts should be sent to the email address: email@example.com in an electronic format as an attachment. Please use the Microsoft Office program package.
Please send us the completed and underwritten Declaration of Authorship as attachment to the manuscript: Authorship Declaration .
The length of the articles should not exceed 40,000 characters (with spaces).
The manuscript should include:
1. The following should appear in order on the title page: the title of the manuscript, its subtitle if relevant, the names of the authors, their academic titles, their affiliation (including the city), and their position. In addition, the email address1, telephone number of the corresponding author, and the date submitted should be provided.
2. The abstract has to be submitted in Hungarian and English, on separate sheets. They cannot contain abbreviations. The following should be taken into account when editing: the concise drafting of the 'Introduction', 'Objective', 'Method', 'Results', and 'Conclusions' should happen in such a way that it should, merely, be sufficient to read the abstract to understand the essence of the essay. The length of the Hungarian and English abstracts should conform to each other; maximum characters are limited to 1000. Only a maximum of five keywords can be given at the end of the Hungarian and English abstracts, JEL code.
3. The clear drafting of the manuscript is especially important for the reader. In the original article, the main issue should be elaborated in the introduction in a few sentences. Detailed historical introductions should be avoided. In the methodology part, those methods should be clearly and precisely presented or referenced, based on which the authors received their results. The results and the discussion sections should be separately and clearly drafted. The discussion part should be connected to the newest scope of knowledge, as well as to those findings from which the authors drew their conclusions. The novelty of the results should be clearly reflected. The methods, results, and discussion parts should receive appropriate subtitles. Please indicate the places and titles of figures in the manuscripts in Arabic numerals.
4. References. They should be limited to the newest original articles and abstracts. Only those references can be listed which were referred to in the text and are in direct relation to the researched issue. In case there are more than three authors, 'et al' should be written after the names of the three authors. In-text references should be indicated in brackets, for example, (Osipian, 2009). In case there is more than one work by the same author in the same year, in order to differentiate them, the alphabet index should be used, written next to the date. If a page number is given: for direct quotes, indicating page numbers is mandatory.
References should appear at the end of the study in alphabetical order, detailing in-text references in the following way:
5. The tables should have titles; every table should be on a separate page. The tables should not be in picture format, please submit them using Word or Excel.
6. The figures should have titles. The figures are always drawn by graphic artists, therefore, to be accurate, please provide the related background data. Please supply the units of measurement and legends, where needed. Please indicate the source of the figures; reference to figures, tables, and notes should happen in the appropriate part of the text.
Thank you for assisting our work with an appropriately prepared manuscript!
The Editorial Team of Public Finance Quarterly
1The email address of the corresponding author will be included in the Quarterly.